Hunnam’s plea: Give me Arthur chance…

GUY RITCHIE claims his latest leading man Charlie Hunnam practically begged him for the title role in their new flick King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword.
‘I had hundreds of actors, Charlie wasn’t on my list,’ admitted the Sherlock Holmes director. ‘But Charlie was so insistent that he was going to be King Arthur that he became King Arthur, in spite of my reticence.’
Hunnam even paid for his own flight from LA to London in his attempt to twist Ritchie’s arm — and finally won over the sceptical 48-year-old. Madonna’s ex-husband explained: ‘The only guy that could sustain my interest was Charlie. So he won it fair and square, in spite of my prejudice.’ As for Hunnam, 36, he told Total Film that Ritchie had seen him in the role he was ‘least proud of’.
He didn’t name the movie in question, but added: ‘I said, “Look, I totally agree. The film was s***, and I was s*** in it. But that’s not really indicative of what I’m capable of”. I had put my name in the hat, and Guy had taken it back out. And I said, “f*** that”. Somebody I’d admired had a negative perception of me, I wanted to right that.’
Meanwhile, Hunnam looked like he had won over another frosty colleague at the LA premiere of The Lost City Of Z on Wednesday. He hugged it out with Robert Pattinson after previously revealing how the 30-year-old Twilight star had ignored him on set.
Author: Andrei Harmsworth